Monday, May 16, 2011

Florida Weekend Recap

I had such a great time in Florida this weekend visiting my family! It was a much needed break from my hectic work and school schedule. Here are a few highlights from my mini-vacation:

I got to spend some quality time with the "family mascots"- Leroy, Diana, and Dominique:



Took a canoe ride on the bay Saturday morning:

Enjoyed my parents' blooming flowers and trees in the backyard:


Survived a random 15-minute flash flood:


Spotted both a heron and manatee in the back canal:








And was treated to a delicious dinner of grilled vegetables and wild-caught scallops courtesy of my lovely mother:

What a great weekend! Hope you had a good one, too.


Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. you have done a great job with the images.
    how did you ever time the shot of the heron??

    love your pups and kitty too.
    hope you had fun.

    ReplyDelete