Monday, May 17, 2010

Ottoman Empire

Here are pictures of my two ottomans. They were my mother's, which she had custom-made in Houston about 15 years ago. I've had them for about 7 years now myself and needless to say, they have been through several moves and households starting with my college days.

Even though the star and moon motif isn't" in" anymore I still like their unique shape. I will eventually reupholster them and bring them back to life.

These are some of my favorite ottomans right now. So much to love!

There is nothing special about the shape, but this Target ottoman shows that you can turn a simple piece of furniture into something bold and modern with a fresh fabric.

Pottery Barn seagrass ottoman


These two ottomans are from Restoration Hardware. I love the earthy, simple fabric.


Absolutely stunning from Horchow. I can't imagine how long this piece took to make.


Masculine and contemporary ottoman via Ralph Lauren.
Ballard Design ottoman. Simple and elegant.

2 comments:

  1. I loove that yellow fabric!!!

    come check out my giveaway!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the yellow fabric too! Makes me want to find a place in my house for it! And I always love the seagrass ottoman from PB, I dream of having that and the matching chair in my bedroom!

    ReplyDelete