Monday, April 19, 2010

12South Home Tour

Each year, the 12South Neighborhood Association organizes a tour featuring some of the newest remodeled homes in the area. My friend Kristen and I both love to look at houses so we couldn't wait to see what this tour had to offer. Instead of showing you every single house, I decided to post what I thought were the best homes on the tour.

2119 12th Avenue South: A 2-bedroom 1930's Craftsman Bungalow with original oak flooring and 10 foot ceilings.

I loved the sunken back porch with an outdoor fireplace and ample entertaining space.

Really interesting curved hallway. The owner did this to create more space for the second bedroom on the other side.

The hallway ceiling has a beautiful stained glass that allows for plenty of light.

913 Knox: A 2 story 4 bedroom Neoclassical Tidewater style home. This couple had a really cool style.



The kitchen wasn't huge per se, however I loved the layout and top grade appliances.
I could easily cook here.

Gorgeous lawyer bookcases.

Brilliant floating bookshelves in the master.

Another great idea. You could tell this couple was extremely creative and I loved their funky style.

1003 Montrose Avenue: A four bedroom Arts and Crafts home with a functional layout and separate office/guest house in the home's backyard.


Check out the mosaic tile in the kitchen.

I love marble in the bathroom. This space was such a tranquil retreat.

The office space in the backyard.

3203 Granny White Pike: A four bedroom 1930's Craftsman Bungalow overlooking Sevier Park.


Hey, I've seen those pillows before! I like that they have different lamps.

Really love the metal dresser and houndstooth chair.

Another great pair of chairs.


1012 South Douglas: A 2 bedroom Queen Victoria style home with 11 foot tall ceilings. As one of the oldest homes in the neighborhood, it was built in 1905.

I really like this woman's style and this wallpaper is some of my favorite.



Guess she likes her whiskey.

Beautiful window in the kitchen.

No comments:

Post a Comment