Monday, March 29, 2010

Decisions, Decisions...

I mentioned a few weeks ago that I was in the process of giving our bedroom a mini-makeover. Things are coming along smoothly. I've got the bedding and am now in the process of making pillows, which are almost done. I've also rearranged a few pieces of art to give the room a fresh look.

There is one wall that doesn't have any color, so I'm hoping to find a few inexpensive pieces of art to fill it. I'm so torn on what to pick, though! Should I frame photographs, a set of small paintings or a large canvass that encompasses most of the wall space? If you stop by, I'd love to know your opinion.


Here's what I'm considering so far:

1. A cluster of watercolors like those shown at Corrine Galla's shop on etsy. The look I'm going for is similar to Nanette Lapore's dining room shown in Elle Decor. I love the color these would add to the room and that they're not too traditional or modern.



2. Photography. I already have a wall of black and white photos in the room so I would want to add color photos only. This is probably one of the cheapest options, seeing that I could take the photos myself. I also like these photos by a photographer from Lisbon available via etsy.






3. Vintage Printables. For those of you who do know, it's a site with FREE printable art. They've got some great options like these:






Let me know your thoughts!

No comments:

Post a Comment